The APM 2.6 is a complete open source autopilot system and the bestselling technology that won the prestigious 2012 Outback Challenge UAV competition. It allows the user to turn any fixed, rotary wing or multirotor vehicle (even cars and boats) into a fully autonomous vehicle; capable of performing programmed GPS missions with waypoints. Available with top or side connectors.
This revision of the board has no onboard compass, which is designed for vehicles (especially multicopters and rovers) where the compass should be placed as far from power and motor sources as possible to avoid magnetic interference. (On fixed wing aircraft it’s often easier to mount APM far enough away from the motors and ESCs to avoid magnetic interference, so this is not as critical, but APM 2.6 gives more flexibility in that positioning and is a good choice for them, too). This is designed to be used with the 3DR uBlox GPS with Compass (see option below), so that the GPS/Compass unit can be mounted further from noise sources than APM itself.
The Arduino and ArduPilot Mega 2.5 Compatible!
Includes both right Angle and straight pins for the I/O, allowing the user to customize the as men.
Includes 3 – axis gyro, accelerometer and magnetometer, along with a high – performance barometer
Onboard 16 mbit Dataflash chip for automatic datalogging
Digital compass powered by HMC5883L chip, included on the main board.
The company ‘s 6 DoF Accelerometer/Gyro MPU – 6000.
Barometric pressure sensor upgraded to MS5611-01 ba03, from Measurement Specialties.
Atmel ‘s ATMEGA2560-16 au and ATMEGA32U – 2 chips for processing and usb functions provides respectively.
– Arduino Compatible!
– Can be ordered with top entry pins for attaching connectors vertically, or as side entry pins to slide your connectors in to either end horizontally
– Includes 3-axis gyro, accelerometer and magnetometer, along with a high-performance barometer
– Onboard 4 MegaByte Dataflash chip for automatic datalogging
– Optional off-board GPS, uBlox NEO-6M module with Compass.
– One of the first open source autopilot systems to use Invensense’s 6 DoF Accelerometer/Gyro MPU-6000.
– Barometric pressure sensor upgraded to MS5611-01BA03, from Measurement Specialties.
– Atmel’s ATMEGA2560 and ATMEGA32U-2 chips for processing and usb functions respectively.
These are Pre-configured, Flashed with the correct settings, and tested. To make them Plug and Play. This is NOT normally done in any other store!
+ Moved LED to the Top
+ Bigger battery
+ compass on board
+ 6 pin connector for EZ connect to MEGA BLACK
+ 4 pin connector for onlyGPS use
+ 4 pin connecton for compass only use
+ GPS “PCB HOOD” for More EMI/RFI Shielding
- can use both 4 pin at onceThe GPS unit is per-configured for multiwii !! Unlike other shops send it out default settings, and yet you figure it out.pre tested = PLUG AND PLUG for MWC 2.1!MultiWii GPS assited Position Hold and RTH functions